Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chicken Bundles

Russ LOVES this!

6 oz cream cheese
4 TBSP butter
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked cubed chicken (I steam the chicken)
2/3 cup chopped mushroom
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 pkgs pilsbury crescent rolls
*4 TBSP butter melted
*seasoned bread crumbs
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk

*I leave out this step, as I don't want to add the extra fat

Cream together cream cheese, butter and pepper. Stir in chicken, celery and mushrooms (Russ and Kia don't like mushrooms so I add mushrooms to the last few for me and then put a sliced mushroom on the top to mark it). Seperate crescent rolls into triangles. Roll each on slightly with a rolling pin to make them a little larger. Put a heaping spoonful into the center of each roll and roll them into bundles. Seal any openings. *Dip each roll into melted butter and then roll them in bread crumbs. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Heat soup and milk together and serve as gravy for the bundles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we say YUMMY!! Adding this one to my must try list.

shelly said...

Mom used to make this one. It was our favorite and there was never enough!